Few WBB Questions

• 1. I would like to assign one style to one user group and another style to a different user group. I can do this in almost every other forum software but I can't find how to do it in WBB. Any ideas?

2. Why is it not possible to limit the number of private message which are sent every hour/day/month? It is ok having a flood control but it doesn't stop someone using a bot to post a private message every x minutes.

• Hi ukAndy.

1. As far as I know - and like you mentioned - it's not possible to do that with WoltLab Burning Board 3.1. Have you searched the Plugin-Store for a plugin which allows you to do that? If there shouldn't be one, you might want to suggest such a plugin here, maybe someone will code it then.

2. I wrote a plugin which allows you to restrict the number of private messages users of a certain user group may receive and send per day: Private Messages Per Day Limit.

• SEO-URLs are being generated with our SEO-Plug-in, that you can find by the internal Plug-in-search in your ACPs package system. You can also download it in your members area on the WoltLab site under "Downloads" … :)

"Viribus Unitis"

Harald Székely
    Designer

• No. That's the unsafest way to secure forums, thus it is not implemented. Try protecting your boards with the group permission settings instead! :)

Passwords can be leaked and then everyone can get in. A user group can't be leaked. You're in it or not.

"Viribus Unitis"

Harald Székely
    Designer

• I cant do that.

Due to the number of forums I have, if I setup permissions on each one that causes session write error because of the size of the json in mysql.

• You don't have to set the permissions for each one by one, you can set it directly for all forums when you edit the group.

• I know but thats still a problem.

Lets says I create a group called "Member", and I want to assign this group to view all forums. When a user accesses the forum, a session is created in MySQL. With just the members group alone this create a json session of over 1500 lines. This is too much data which is why I was looking for a easier solution.