MySql tables size

• Hi,
    today I have simple question: there is a problem if we change table type into MyIsam and Collation into latin1_swedish_ci ? Woltlab has any problem with this changes?

I noted that: tale with normal Type (MEMORY or others) ad Collation have an hightest size than table type into MyIsam etc...
    For example:

default session table has a size of 11 MB (with only one row) but with this change, the size goes down in 4,6 KB width 1 row... 8o

• Changing the collation is not a good idea. You will get encoding problems if you don't use the collation that all other tables have and that the WCF set in the installation.

MfG Markus Zhang (aka RouL)

• Encodin problem where? Into post's text ?

I wrote a text using not normal chars "sdgasd "£%"$" &"$%/&£%& /£%&U£%&/£"% "$%/ "%4 ç°§*éP_:Mòàì'&" and encoding has no problem... saved ed extracted, this string seems to be the same...

Can be that the problem is only with particulars languages?

• Don't you get encoding problems when you change the charset? The encoding is not dependent on collation, is it?

No. Only if you use a collation, that belongs to the same charset. The charset and the collation are closely tied together in MySQL. If you change the collation from utf8_general_ci to latin1_swedish_ci the charset is automaticly set to latin1. The same goes for changing the charset. If you look at the information schema table "TABLES" in MySQL you will notice, that there isn't any field for charset, because MySQL "reads the charset from the collation".

If your language is use Latin character there is no problem with change to UTF-8,But none Latin character langauge get problem.
    Like :Persian,Arabic,China and .....

It's not dependent only on the language. You will get encoding problems with any not latin1 char and there are also not latin1 chars that don't depend on a language.
    I wouldn't change that these days, especially when you installed it as utf-8. If you don't want utf-8, install it with the charset you want.

MfG Markus Zhang (aka RouL)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!