• On the woltlab site there is a list of features that come with the WCF (https://www.woltlab.com/wcf/features.html). I installed it yesterday evening but a lof of those features are missing from the ACP:

• database interface
    • language management system
    • template management system
    • cronjob management system

Is this normal or am I missing something?

And if someone gave you a pile of gold, you'd probably complain that it was too heavy.

• First off all you have to install the corresponding packages for some of those features (includes in the wcf download), furthermore do not all of this fatures have a visible part.

the database interface is a software interface for developers, there is nothing that can bee seen in the acp. template system, language system and cronjob support are also software features. some of these features have visible frontends (like the template administration that is delivered with wbb3.1), but the features you can read on the wcfs product page are the frameworks features that can be used dy developers to create their own software - not necessary the features that can be seen in the acp ;)

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" — Leonard Nimoy

• Cronjob interface is actually included, still had to edit group options to make it visible.

I know what all those systems are but it's kind of misleading to post screenshots of interfaces that are not available in WCF but only in WBB on the WCF feature page. I've been working with WCF for a while now and when I saw that page I hoped they released those interfaces under LGPL as well.

And if someone gave you a pile of gold, you'd probably complain that it was too heavy.

• Some of those things (like the template administration) are technically WCF plugins - but they are released under burning board license. so you can actually use those packages in your own standalone application, but you would have to include the copyright of woltlab and you would have to buy a wbb3 license for every installation of your standalone application as well.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" — Leonard Nimoy

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!