Search Spiders

• How do I create a new Group and assign Search Spiders to that group.

I want spiders to gain access but not guests.

This can be done on other boards but there is no option in WBB. Why not?

• I want spiders to gain access but not guests.

You realize, that, if you do so the serach engine notices that, most search engines will drop you off their results?

Serach engines sometimes browse as "normal" guests, and do not identify themselves. Therefore the search engine can notice that you try to "cheat" and can remove your site from their results ;)

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" — Leonard Nimoy

• I have an idea about this but not tried before.

Search Engines also scan your URL's in your sitemaps.

if you set board or subforum as invisible, guests wouldn't see that forum and you can add this forum URL to your sitemap then spiders would scan it and sublinks of it.

Seting invisible doesn't mean nobody has an access to that forum, they just don't see it but everyone can enter it. Here is explanation.

You can hide this forum on the forums list. It can only be accessed via a direct link.

You can write this direct link to your sitemaps.

I hope this works.

• Thats no good, the forum must remain private while remaining searchable by spiders.

Why is this the only forum which can't do this???

• Thats no good, the forum must remain private while remaining searchable by spiders.

There was an english thread about the same topic a few days ago. In short: The setting you want is unfortunately exactly what we do not want in our software. I'm unsure if i should repeat my answers from the other thread, better search for that other thread …

"Viribus Unitis"

Harald Székely
    Designer