Line spacing settings

• Hi

I have searched on the forums and can not find my answer, so hope that someone can help me.

In our forum set up, the line spacing puts in two lines when you hit hard return whereas on here it is the normal one line.

Could someone please advise where I can change our settings back to the standard one line?

Thank you, I appreciate it

• Hi there

I have tried it in both IE8 and FF.

I am not sure I explained myself well. When I type in here, if I hit return, it takes me to a new line, so two returns would give a new paragraph - this is how our forum used to be.

On our forum now, one hard return automatically gives a new paragraph and we don't want that as a defaul. After 6 years, the members are so used to once for a line and two for a paragraph they are getting frustrated!! Trivial I know, but we have a few thousand posts a day, so it's a bit of a problem for them

Many thanks

EDITED TO SAY - first post was written in IE, this in FF and although they look the same before I submit, of course the top one has been translated with two line spaces. *this* one is how I would like the default if possible?

• I am not sure I explained myself well. When I type in here, if I hit return, it takes me to a new line, so two returns would give a new paragraph - this is how our forum used to be.

We understood you from the bginning. This is one of the most asked questions in this forum …

The difference between your old forum and the new one is, that we are using a WYSIWYG editor which does not use a normal textfield. In normal textfields even IE does "correct" new lines but you can't have WYSIWYG features in a textarea … ;)

"Viribus Unitis"

Harald Székely
    Designer

• What about changing the line height at the Design/Styles/Text Type from 2 to 1?
    Would that solve the problem?

jsplain.com