Transfer of old forum 2.3.3 to 3.0

• We're just about to purchase Burning Board 3.0, once we have transferred our current forum which is on 2.3.3 to a new server.

We will be purchasing the standard licence and most likely the installation service.

My question is about the transfer of our current forum and all of its threads into the new form. Our current forum has 6 different styles we have done ourself and additional smilies/images etc. Can you please tell me if these are easily transferred into 3.0 or do we have to start again from the beginning?

Thank you

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

the installation service only includes the installation of version 3.0. It does not include importing old data. (We can do this for an extra charge)

Unfortunately the styles cannot be migrated automatically. You would have to do the styles again. Smileys can be imported. What else have you changed?

• Hi Arian,

Thank you for your reply.

Apart from the different styles, we have different button and rank images, they are quite easy to copy and import myself though aren't they.

Could you please tell me what the charge would be for importing the old data? If you would like to look at our forum it is http://www.fertilityzone.co.uk/

Many thanks, I look forward to hearing back from you

• Offizieller Beitrag

My advice would be:

- First do the installation of the new software on your server and change it so it fits your needs (adjust the style)
    - After that you can migrate the data and close the old forum

About the images:

It is not just copy and paste. They might all have different names in version 3 so you might have to rename then etc. Buttons are no images in version 3 anymore. They consists of icons and text. You can style them via CSS.

I will send you an offer via PM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!