Strange pictures behaviour

• Hi,

I've tried to join a picture in 2 different forums, and I get the same problem:

I would like to join a picture, by using the tab Attachments, then send my pic. But I would like to have my pic on the message completely, and not just a thumbnail (that I can have when I click on "Add to post".

To do what I want, I copy the link of the picture (right click, copy the address of the link), then I click on Insert Image, and I paste this link.

Then, if I'm in the Editor mode (and not Source Code), the picture appears.
    But if I do a preview, or if I send the message, only the BBCode appears.

My question is simple : Why :p and how to get ride of this problem?

I show you with a concrete example :

My question is simple : Why :p and how to get ride of this problem?

Dynamic urls to pictures don't work.
    But you can insert the attachment into your post directly, you don't even need the img-BBCode
    That would look something like that:

• If I use the attachement system, only the thumbnail appear.

I want the whole picture, or at least one who fit in the forum.

Dynamic urls to pictures don't work.

That's wrong : When I'm still on the Editor, the picture appears. When I post it, so it doesn't appears anymore.

• That's wrong : When I'm still on the Editor, the picture appears. When I post it, so it doesn't appears anymore.

I'm affraid, dynamic images are not allowed for security reasons. The described behaviour must be a bug in the editor … ?(

Maybe i should move the thread to the Errors-Forum …

"Viribus Unitis"

Harald Székely
    Designer

• OK, thanks for your answer :)

So, that means there is no way to put a "big" picture hosted on the forum in a message? We should use an external picture host?

Then maybe I will open a new thread in the "Suggestion forum" for this issue (for exemple, be able to choose beetween showing just a thumbnail, or the whole picture in the message).

• As you might have seen on this board, many users use images hosted on image-services and they work as big images, as you want it. But i've never looked after how they have done it, only sometimes there are problems. Soit should work for you also. The only problem might be the size, which will be decreased, if the image is too big …

But maybe we misunderstand each other … ? ?(

"Viribus Unitis"

Harald Székely
    Designer

• No, I don't think we misunderstand each other :)

I actually know 2 ways to put a picture in my message:

- As you said, using an external image host, with the 2 possibility in the forum : Showing a thumbnail (and by clicking, show the big pic) or showing directly in the message the big picture (with a size the image host allow me to chose as well). That's the way I always use, and there are no problem with this one :)

- The second possibility is to host the image directly on the forum, by using the "Attachments" system. And with this possibility, the only way is to show a thumbnail in the message: No way to show the whole picture (or at least with a good size) in my message.

Many people in forum don't know how to use a external image host, and just use the attachment system from the board. And it's frustrating for them not being able with this way to show a big picture directly on the board.