PHP version problem

• Hello,

I ve a little problem with the installation of my woltlab burning board 3.0.6.

When i run the test before to install the forum on my ftp it say this:
    PHP5 Check
    "Your PHP version '4.4.3-dev' is insufficient for installation of this software. PHP version 5.0.5 or greater is required."

So i thinking maybe the site where im hosted dont have the php update to 5.0.5x (Free is my internet access its french) and when i go on my data base i can see:
    "Server version 5.0.45 and Mysql client version 5.0.51"

And when i try to install it i have this error:
    "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /mnt/108/free.fr/7/6/toki.doki7/fa/install.php on line 38"

Whats exactly the problem ?
    If you can help me it would be great hehe

Best regards

Tokidoki

• "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /mnt/108/free.fr/7/6/toki.doki7/fa/install.php on line 38"

This error means, that PHP5.0.5+ is not available.

"Wer denkt etwas zu sein, hat aufgehört etwas zu werden!" - Sokrates

• Maybe you can contact your host to ask him for a PHP5 version.
    Or maybe you can use a PHP-switch via .htaccess. I don't know because i don't know your hoster.

• My hoster is "easy-hebergement" and it seems the version of the php is not good. So i contact them waiting the answer.
    But could please tell me whats is exactly the .htaccess ? and the PHGP-switch ?

Thank you

• Some server use both php4 and php5
    For one file you can change the file name like:

Code
    1. http://yourdomain.com/index.php5

if you change file name and add 5 at the end you can use php5 but when you want to change all file you can not do it easily now what you do.
    You can find file by the name .htaccess in public_html (Maybe you can find it then you should make it) write these code

Code
    1. AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php .php4 .php3 .phtml

now folders and files in public_html use php5 :thumbsup:

• So i ve made a .htaccess with the command and put directly on my main folder for the forum.
    But it still doesnt work i cant launch the install of woltlab 3.0.6 :(
    So really dont know what i ve to do hehe

• If your php5 file doesn't work, you have to change you hoster.
    An installation without PHP5 is impossible.

• Oki i finally made it.

I ve renamed the name of the install.php in install.php5, created a folder with the name tmp and OH! great i was on the first page of the installation where i ve to choose the language and where we can see the bar at 0%!!!
    But when click on the button next to continue the installation he need the install.php so i ve put a copy of the original one and eurf another time the same error again:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/forceall/www/forum/install.php on line 38

So Thinking maybe with the method of the .htaccess file you told me it work better so i put it in the same folder of the install.php5 and when i launch again the install.php5 ( yes i can see the first page of the installation again) and click on next i ve this new error:

Method Not Allowed
    The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /install.php.

So dont know why its so difficult to install this version of woltlab ...
    Its seems ok for the php version of my hoster, running with the PHP Version 5.2.3
    Cant see anything if i dont rename the install.php in install.php5
    And when I press next to continue the installation switch automaticly on the install.php who this one doesnt work ...
    .htaccess seems not working or maybe i made a mistake dont know ...

• Your ".php5" file shows, that you are able to use PHP5.
    There must be a way so switch from the PHP4 parser to PHP5.
    Mostly you have to do that with a ".htaccess" file (like in a few postings above). But when it doesn't work, maybe there is a way to switch the PHP Version with your Control-Panel of your hoster?

You can try this, too:

Code
    1. AddHandler php5wrap .php

Write this in a ".htaccess" file in your root-directory of your webspace. Maybe it works.

• Hello,

So my hoster answer me and i have to put this code in the .htaccess:

AddHandler x-httpd-php5 .php
    AddType application/x-httpd-php5 .php

At this moment i cant switch between PHP4 and PHP5 myself with my control panel before July.

Ia am at work actually so i cant try if it works but i hope now it will be ok for the installation hehe ;)

Regards

• Good evening,

Now i have another problem dont know why ...

When the installer try to connect to mySQL to make the database i have this error. But my username and password and hostname are good dont know why theres something wrong again ... Oh and i have no problem to connect myself on mysql with the control panel of the hoster.

Une erreur s’est produite lors de la tentative de connexion à votre base de données :
    Cannot create database wcf
    Access denied for user 'force'@'%' to database 'wcf'

Vous pouvez obtenir des informations complémentaires dans la WoltLab Error Reference :

name host: sql1.easy-hebergement.net

username: myname

password: my password

database name: wcf

installation number: 1

Tokidoki

EDIT: I have solve my problem, my fault the database name was wrong ... thanks ^^