Automatic Updates?

• Ok. I'm testing the new WBB Lite system and I noticed the Beta system also has updates (which is no big surprise) but what I found was one problem. How do I recieve updates when it's asking me for the "Woltlab license number and serial". Problem is, if this product is a free alternative, you won't have a license number and serial (or at least its not mentioned in the Beta 2 announcement). So how will the automatic updates work with the lite beta version?

• There are two Update-Servers pre-installed in WBBLite 2: The Woltlab Community server and the official Woltlab update server.

For the first of these Servers (Community) you don't have to write any data in the fields for accessing the Server, you can use it "as it is".

The second Server (Woltlab) will ask you for access-data if the update which is available is part of a a non-free-software like Burning board 3.
    Updates for Woltlab Community Framework and other free software packages which WoltLab offers you are possible without typing any data into the fields.

Greets!

// Edit: for receiving automatic updates for the beta and RC versions of WBBLite 2, you have to add another update server: https://update.woltlab.com/unstable/

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Sani9000 (5. Mai 2008 um 12:22)

• Ok, that makes sense. Now I know why I had to present information to update. Apparently I picked out a few non-free updates that were intended for the Licensed version and not the light version.
    Oh and an FYI, WBBLite 2 is picking up the WBB 3.0.5 (Licensed Package). Is this normal?
    Also, how will we be able to tell the difference between licensed packages and free packages?

• WBBLite 2 is picking up the WBB 3.0.5 (Licensed Package). Is this normal?

Yes, it is. The update package of the WBB3 includes an updateinformation for WBBLite, so it is offered for Updating, too. This will help Users to Update on a very easy way to the WBB3 Software if they bought a license. If you only want to run a WBBLite, you have to ignore it.

how will we be able to tell the difference between licensed packages and free packages?

That's very easy- the WoltLab Server offers you only "complete" WBB software-packages for update (certainly the non-free WBB3 too, like abovementioned), WCF (Woltlab Community Framework) Updates are free (because it is free software) and all extentions of the Community server are free, too.

So you only have to pay attention to WBB3 Softwarepackages not to choose for update.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!