Stops at 33% ... sometimes 38%, but generally 33%

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why is the install script being deleted?

Because at some step of the installation process it simply is no longer needed! From that point on the installation of the package WBB3 is being managed by the ACP install routine, the same which you use later to install plugins and stuff. So what happens is a normal package installation of Burning Board 3 ...

"Viribus Unitis"

Harald Székely
    Designer

• Hmm.. okay. that makes sense...

But my browser still seems to hang forever on 33% :/

I'm installing straight from wbb3.0.3.zip

What ./configure commands should i have used when i built php?
    I used --with-apxs2=/usr/local/sbin/apxs --with-zlib --with-gd --with-mysql

Did i miss something?

EDIT:

And is there an error log anywhere for me to see what the last step it did was?

• Just trying to install the latest WBB3, and the installation process stops at 33% every time :/

Just to clear things up a little bit. By "the installation process stops" you mean there is no visible progress but no error message too so it seems the process has stopped? Or do you see an error message.

If you do not see an error message, please try the following: When the installation process stops, click on the [Blockierte Grafik: http://www.woltlab.de/forum/wcf/icon/packageInstallXL.png] icon while pressing the ALT key. You should now see the error message (which was hidden in an invisible iframe). This should help in finding the source of the problem.

FSK 12 - Der Gute kriegt das Mädchen
    FSK 16 - Der Böse kriegt das Mädchen
    FSK 18 - Alle kriegen das Mädchen

• Thank you both for taking your time to help me, i am very greatfull :]

Unfortunatly, i do not see an icon like the one you described.
    I do however see a diffent icon called "wcf/acp/images/setupIconXL.jpg"

I looked in the source for an iframe and couldn't find that either.

I'm not updating my forum, this is a compleatly new installation. wbb3.0.3.zip, found in the members area download.

To clarify, i get no error messages on my setup page, only

Zitat

Loading next step ...

The installation is currently loading the next step, please wait.

Sorry :(

• Sorry for the double post, but here is some extra infomation about my setup:

I have two servers - One i currently have WBB3 installed on, the other is going to replace the old server with a fresh install of WBB3.

The working server has these Apache Mods:

core prefork http_core mod_so mod_authn_file mod_authn_dbm mod_authn_anon mod_authn_dbd mod_authn_default mod_authz_host mod_authz_groupfile mod_authz_user mod_authz_dbm mod_authz_owner mod_authnz_ldap mod_authz_default mod_auth_basic mod_auth_digest mod_file_cache mod_cache mod_disk_cache mod_mem_cache mod_bucketeer mod_dumpio mod_echo mod_case_filter mod_case_filter_in mod_ext_filter mod_include mod_filter mod_charset_lite mod_deflate util_ldap mod_log_config mod_logio mod_env mod_mime_magic mod_cern_meta mod_expires mod_headers mod_ident mod_usertrack mod_unique_id mod_setenvif mod_proxy mod_proxy_connect mod_proxy_ftp mod_proxy_http mod_proxy_ajp mod_proxy_balancer mod_mime mod_dav mod_status mod_autoindex mod_asis mod_info mod_suexec mod_cgi mod_cgid mod_dav_fs mod_vhost_alias mod_negotiation mod_dir mod_imagemap mod_actions mod_speling mod_userdir mod_alias mod_rewrite mod_apreq2 mod_ssl mod_php5 mod_perl

The non-working server has these:

core prefork http_core mod_so mod_authn_file mod_authn_dbm mod_authn_anon mod_authn_default mod_authn_alias mod_authz_host mod_authz_groupfile mod_authz_user mod_authz_dbm mod_authz_owner mod_authz_default mod_auth_basic mod_auth_digest mod_file_cache mod_cache mod_disk_cache mod_dumpio mod_include mod_filter mod_charset_lite mod_deflate mod_log_config mod_logio mod_env mod_mime_magic mod_cern_meta mod_expires mod_headers mod_usertrack mod_setenvif mod_version mod_mime mod_dav mod_status mod_autoindex mod_asis mod_info mod_cgi mod_dav_fs mod_vhost_alias mod_negotiation mod_dir mod_imagemap mod_actions mod_speling mod_userdir mod_alias mod_rewrite mod_ssl mod_php5

Below is a link to both server's phpinfo(); infomation:
    Working Server
    Non-Working Server

maybe you can spot the diffrence..?

• okay, I see. I don't know what makes the difference.
    33% is just the point where the setup process deletes the install.php and hands the further installation to the freshly installed WCF. Apparently, that handover doesn't work properly.

You said the install.php was deleted. Thats a good sign, since the deletion of the install.php is the last thing in the handover process. I assume that all preparations before the install.php file is being deleted are processed without problems. Perhaps the problem is the deletion of the temporary files afterwards or simply the redirection to the WCF.

You said you looked at the html source to find that iframe. Did your browser report any javascript problems? Would you open the sourcecode once again and look for the <form> ... </form>? You should see that it's only purpose is to redirect the user to the WCF.
    Look for the line <form method="get" action="url"> where url is the URL to your WCF.
    Further look for the line <input type="hidden" name="s" value="sessionID" /> where sessionID is a sequence of characters and numbers.

When you copy the URL to the clipboard and append ?s=sessionID (insert the value you copied from the source) and paste that URL (with the ?s=sessionID at the end) in your browsers adress bar and press [enter], you should be able to start the further installation process by hand.

I hope that does work. If not, we'll have to find another way or even better the source of the problem.

• Thanks Troublegum :]

I did what you said, and managed to get to 38% by hand :3

From here, the page didn't automatically reload after each step, but using Alt+Click i was able to "Go" to each next step.

...untill...

At 67% i see the page:

Zitat

WoltLab Community Framework

Version 1.0.4 pl 1 - Dec 12th 2007 - Copyright © WoltLab GmbH

Current process
    Package WoltLab Community Framework: Installation is complete

This page doesn't reload it's self, and Alt+Click doesn't work :/

I'll look around for more url's in the source - once again, thank you for your support! :D

• Could you please post the source code from that page here?

Zitat

From here, the page didn't automatically reload after each step, but using Alt+Click i was able to "Go" to each next step.

It seems like you have javascripts disabled in your browser. Can you please check that? Or perhaps the javascript code produces errors and can't be executed.

• Of course :]

• Oh, I see. :huh:
    Okay. I am going to start installation process now and see how far it takes me.

• hm, I get similar results. At 33% the installation halts and the redirection doesnt work for no apparent reason. When I look in the upload/ folder, the install.php was not deleted. When I copy the URL(http://ip.address/wcf/acp/index.php?) to the adress bar and press [enter], the page just loads and loads. I can't get past this point and I don't know why :(

• hm, I don't know if that would do any good. If that was my system, I'd be inserting break-points manually into the .php files right now to see how far the code works. :(

I'm poiting Marcel Werk to this thread. Maybe he knows the problem :)

• your own system eh?

Okay, well, i'll install ssh and you can try to debug it if you like.
    However - if this isn't a problem with WBB3 and it's unique to my server setup, the best thing to do is probibly start again. Install Apache / PHP again...

If you feel that by understanding my problem better will help future WBB3 customers, i have no problem giving you root on the server.
    But it'll probibly take you a lot longer to find out the error, than a format would take to fix it. :P

Up to you ^^

• In order to debug, I would need to replace the .php files. Without ftp access, that's going to be hard.

You know what. I'm going to point this thread to Marcel Werk. Maybe he knows the problem. :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!