"403 Forbidden" page

• I keep getting a 403 Forbidden error when the WCF installs and forwards me to the Admin Control Panel section. I try going to the index of the ACP folder and i get the login page, but when i log in, it gives me the same 403 Forbidden page. I don't know why its doing this to me, the beta version worked (after I tried it 5 times), but it never gave me the 403 Forbidden bull crap that the final release is doing. I dont get it, and its really pissing me off. I havent even reached the part where I can even start installing WBB3.
    Technology is a real pain in the arse, and thats saying quite a bit because im a technology kind of person.

• Marked bogus because you dont believe me? I paid a huge amount of money for a license and support and all i get is a topic that gets marked as bogus? What a joke.
    Ill show you this so called "bogus".
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/6697/socalledbogusproblemmi8.th.png]
    Just because you haven't run into the same problem doesnt mean its "bogus". Since the tech support here didn't want to come up with a solution, I found one for myself. Granted you get a screen like the above, refresh the page. If you get the forbidden page with nothing about WBB3 or the WCF, appearently leaving it alone for 12+ hours will at least grant you access to it again and give you the forbidden inside the window of the installation page. A simple refresh for this kind of page seemed to have worked for me. Now you can mark this "bogus" topic as "fixed" or whatever. Thanks for the support. It definitely helped a lot. So thats what some of the money for the licenses goes to pay for. Technicians who "help fix problems".

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Vashnik (7. August 2007 um 04:09)

• Hey hey hey, easy mate.

You got to remember this is a German support forum for a German product after all.

Bogus is a word that English/American people probibly wouldn't use because it's quite course, but that's just a translation issue.
    Truth is, you didn't really give enough infomation as to why your problem arised.
    Because your situation is unique and it's not happening left right and center, it's very hard to diagnose what's happening - dispite the fact it's a very unusual bug.
    I'm not having a go at you mate, haha, i have had a LOT of issues with my wbb3 - but they ALL turned out to be something stupid that i'd done, and is explained in the German documentation, but not anywhere in English.

Here's a story.
    When i went to German for two years on work, on the first day i moved into my new flat i walked across my hardwood floor with my shoes on in the evening.
    In England, there would be nothing wrong with that, but in Germany it's illegal to do that. They get very upset about that over there.
    So at midnight some bloke in his underwear and shirt knocks at my door and starts shouting at me reaaally fast. I mean, i couldn't understand a thing.
    I recognized some words, but because he was speaking so fast i couldn't translate fast enough.
    I got my pocket dictionary out and said to him "What - is - your - problem?"

Now, in English that's a perfectly acceptable thing to ask, but translated directly in to German it means like... "What is your disfunction" or in otherwords, "what's wrong with you (you crazy German)"

He stormed off and i ended up avoiding him for the next 2 years =P

All i'm saying is, there is a language barrier - don't get stressed, just be lienient.
    Anyway, i'm glad you got it fixed mate - and i'm very impressed you gave help for others who might view this topic in 3 years from now. ;)

• Well, it's not a problem to walk on your hardwood floor with shoes. But bad neighbours are everywhere ;)

This thread is titled bogus because a 403 forbidden is a server-message. The board has no function to provide this, so it can't be fixed in the boardsoftware and therefore no bug -> bogus.

And by the way... I can't see nothing on your screenshot, make it a little bit bigger next time, please ;)

• Now the 403 problem has gone away, and now im at a new problem.

Not sure if this is a slow process or not, but its been sitting dormant for over a minute when the installation went to 67%. Is it still trying to do this process "Package Template Pack Support: Registering package ..." or did it just simply die and is just sitting there doing nothing?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!