How do you add extra buttons?

• Offizieller Beitrag

What would be good is if we had a Button Package that we could use.
    Who has a board that don't want to add buttons? ?(
    Something to think about.

FYI: It was not planned to allow users to change the main menu in the first place, because of usability and accessability reasons. Of course, that has changed in the meantime … ;)

• FYI: It was not planned to allow users to change the main menu in the first place, because of usability and accessability reasons. Of course, that has changed in the meantime … ;)

Good deal, Lots of things need to be addressed on this board.
    We need more useful Packages in English, I found a list here but the ones i wanted did not work and the others i just had no use for.
    A Calendar is in the works as i understand.
    more would be :
    * Gallery, Not an add on of some Gallery already out there.
    * Blog,
    * Portal, that looks like a real portal and not a news feed.

Do like IPB does sell them as extra plugins

But i have to say even with all the limited support and lack of plugins I LOVE this board.
    This is only suggestions.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Quickthrottle (31. Dezember 2007 um 15:36)

• Sorry to ressurect an old post, but i recently discovered how to fix that bug i talked about eariler.

Normally i wouldn't bother, but this is still the only place an English person can find out how to make more buttons on the navigation bar without needing some third-party module installed.

Add the following code to your WhateverPage.class.php:

PHP
    public function show() {
                    require_once(WCF_DIR.'lib/page/util/menu/HeaderMenu.class.php');
                    HeaderMenu::setActiveMenuItem('wcf.header.menu.Whatever');
                    parent::show();
            }

Remember to edit "Whatever" with whatever you called your language variable :]

• Hi there,

Thanks for the quick reply. I was able to download and install the plug-in.

After using the new Header menu to add a button, the button does not appear. I noted a remark in the ACP that the package ID must be unique. How can I work this?

Thanks once again.

• Well i have the same questions / problems in 2014 :)

Can anyone tell / give me a solution for my forum ?
    i want to add 2 or 3 buttons, searched the entire board and shop plugin, haven't found anything ....

BB 3.1.8
    Tks.

later edit:

found it !
    for 3.1.8 users, Page menu (in ACP, is a footer section, you can't miss it) is your friend :)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von JohnnyQ (4. März 2014 um 01:19)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!